How the Oxbow/RBCTC School Board Functions:
We promote positivity, respect and integrity amongst ALL persons associated with Oxbow High School and River Bend Career and Technology Center.
We follow a Chain of Command:
- Discussion with the individual (teacher or other building professional)
- If not satisfied, discussion with the building Principal
- If not satisfied, discussion with the OESU Superintendent
- If not satisfied, appeal to the Oxbow/RBCTC School Board
We communicate through Facebook or other social media that is directly linked to our website.
If community members send e-‐mails to the Board and/or an individual Board member, we respond saying “Thank You for your comment”
As Board members active in the community:
- We are a board of 6 people; we do not independently act alone
- We cannot engage in conversation about specific issues as that may compromise the integrity of Board agenda items
- We direct people to the appropriate person(s) to contact at Oxbow and/or RBCTC if members of the community need assistance
- We do not speak poorly of or comment publicly about other Board members, Administration, Staff and/or Community members
The board responsibility is to approve policies and a budget. The administra7on’s responsibility is to implement board approved policies by developing processes and procedures and by submitting a proposed budget to the board. Following these guidelines, board micromanagement is eliminated.
We encourage and welcome Community involvement at Oxbow High School and Riverbend Career and Technology Center by:
- Participating in a variety of committees
- Attending public presentations/performances/activities At our Board meetings:
- The Board decisions are driven by: our students, our vision, our educational facility, an obligation to those who elected us, state, and federal legislation
- Board meetings are held in public session to provide the public knowledge of the happenings at OHS/RBCTC. To be efficient there is minimal back and forth discourse with the public; there may me need for input from members of the community and that will be solicited from the Board
- There is always time allotted for Public Comment at a Board meeting.
- To ensure an organized meeting agenda: If a non-‐Board member would like to be on the Board agenda he/she must contact the OESU office by 12:00 pm on the Friday prior to a scheduled Board meeting with a stated purpose. Board members need to contact the Chair with agenda items by 12:00 pm on the Friday prior to a scheduled meeting.
- Not all comments from the Public need a response or counter; Board Chair may determine if a comment requires more attention for a future agenda and we thank the community for their input
The Vision of the Oxbow/RBCTC School Board is: A place of excellence where students can achieve their full potential (adopted 2013).
THIS DOCUMENT PRESENTED ON 6/2/2014, updated 6/3/14, updated 7/14/14, approved 7/17/14