Orange East Supervisory Union
OESU ADVISORY COUNCIL MEETING
Bradford / Newbury / Oxbow / Thetford / Waits River Valley
River Bend Career & Technical Center / OESU Early Childhood
DATE: Wednesday, June 28, 2017
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
PLACE: OESU Central Office
6:00 Call meeting to order
- Determine a clerk for minutes
- Agenda Review
6:05 Create a 2017 – 2018 DRAFT OESU Board Work Plan
6:45 Create OESU Board Agenda – July 11, 2017
7:00 Determine Advisory Council Meeting Schedule
7:15 Other Business to come before advisory council
Purpose of Council:
- To facilitate communications between the member Boards within the OESU and to/from the superintendent.
- To draft a yearly work plan with the Superintendent to bring to the OESU board for approval.
- To act as a bona fide committee when charged by the OESU board. (example: Budget Committee)
- The advisory council may only bring recommendations to the OESU board
The Advisory Council Shall:
- Follow open meeting laws: Warn all meetings and take minutes, post appropriately.
- In good faith, meet on behalf of the good of the organization.
- Be charged by the OESU Board for specific tasks/duties and when the duties charged to the advisory council are completed, the OESU Board may end said charges by a majority vote.
The Advisory Council Shall Not:
- Act in an authoritarian role on behalf of the OESU Board.
- Make motions and vote on behalf of the OESU Board.